WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER STUDYING IN THE PHILIPPINES ... Philippines is officially known as the Republic of the Philippines, is a sovereign state in Southeast Asia in the Western Pacific Ocean with Manila as its Capital. It comprises 7, 1707 islands being populated by almost 95 million people. The Philippines was formerly a Spanish colony but later on it was also colonized by the American people. The Philippines has many affinities with the Western world.
Why Study in the Philippines? The Philippines is a nice country with a good education system. There are a whole lot of reasons why most foreign students study in the Philippines, unlike other countries that restricts there medium of instruction to their local language, Philippines happens to be the direct opposite because both the medium of instruction and the business language is English thereby making communication a lot easier between foreign students and the citizens. Almost 90% of Filipinos can understand and speak English well but that does not neglect or relegate their major language which is Tagalog.
Philippines is the 3rd largest English Speaking Nation in the World having the Highest English Literacy rate in Asia. For this reason there are thousands of foreign students enrolled in different universities in the Philippines. The Philippine Education system offers high quality education and assures the students globally competitive academic programs, highly skilled professors as well as modern facilities that they surely love.
Here are some advantages of studying in the Philippines: 1. International Accredited Universities- Philippines is home of top universities that has produced worlds caliber in different fields from medicine, science, business, politics and arts. University of the Philippines, University of the Cordilleras, Saint Louis University, San Beda College, University of Sto. Tomas, Ateneo De Manila University, Polytechnic University of the Philippines and De La Salle University are few top universities that offer foreign studies and have hundreds of foreign enrollees and studies every year.
2. English as Official Language- Philippines is considered as one of the top English speaking countries and top English speaking country in Asia. English is its second official language and that schools use English as theory teaching command.
3. Low cost of living- Foreign students can enjoy balancing their lifestyle while spending less money. In the Philippines, you can rent a dormitory or an apartment unit in just less than $50 or Php2,000 a month. Not to mention the less expense in food, clothing and leisure.
4. Western-based Pattern of education- Education pattern and curriculum in the Philippines is westernize and modern. Since Filipinos are widely recognized in the medical field, more foreign students in the Philippines and taking Medicine, Nursing and other medical courses.
5. Friendly Filipinos! – The Filipinos are natural born hospitable and friendly. That’s what Filipinos are loved for. You can meet a lot of new friends easily and they will tour you around without hearing complaints or aloofness. Filipinos treat you as part of the family, will invite you to come over their house to know you better. That way, you will not miss your country so much because you know you are loved in your new community.
6. Education Programs- To attract more foreign students, the government created different education programs and university programs that aims to provide better education for foreign workers. One of these programs is the ‘Philippine ESL (English as a Second Language) Tour Program,’ in which the study of English forms part of a structured tour package. Studying English becomes more exciting and fun through dynamic and creative ways of learning where participants get to interact, practice, and use English more often in real-life settings thru games, outdoor activities, excursions, and immersions. Aside from learning the English language, participants get to see the beautiful sceneries of the Philippine countryside and immerse with the local culture.
7. Protection, guaranteed! – Colleges and universities that has foreign students has more stricter protection for their foreign nationals students. 24 hour security and schools with CCTV cameras are installed around the campuses.
8. Leisure, Culture, and Fun! – Filipinos are known for always being happy and fun loving. The Filipinos has adapted western culture over the years due to the presence of different nationals in the country. International-owned companies are in the country like restaurants, boutiques, resorts and private companies.
9. Faster and Easy Visa Application- Unlike any other countries, the Philippines is much loose in terms of accepting foreign students since its aim is to provide better education and promote the education system of the country.
10. Climate and Great Environment- Philippines is a paradise. Noted as one of the best tourist destination in world, the country is the best place to study. You can go to the beach anytime you want to relax after a long week of being at school. The climate is also endearing as Philippines only has wet and dry seasons. 11. Tourist sites- Philippines is considered a tourist country due to the historic and beautiful sites in the country. Ofcourse what do you expect from a country that has about 7,107 islands? As a foreign student in the country you have the liberty and most times a school requirement to visit and document certain things about these sites. This is not only educating but also interesting. You actually have fun while studying.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.